Carpets can be seen normally in the living room, bedroom, hallways, or on stairs. Using carpets helps you to improve the overall look of your house. But a single stain on your carpet can ruin everything. To remove the stains people usually use vinegar, hydrogen peroxide, or baking because they act as perfect homemade cleansers.
But when the removal product itself becomes a stain, it leaves you in a very weird position. You may have also faced a similar situation, where you tried the baking soda to remove the stains from the carpet, but while baking soda helps you to remove the stain, baking soda itself leaves a stain behind on your delicate carpet.
Now you are also trying hard to get out baking soda residue from carpet. It may seem difficult, but not impossible. You can get baking soda out of carpet using the methods shared below.
Here we are sharing the working methods that are going to help you to remove the baking soda from your carpet. Just follow the steps carefully:-
Why Not To Use Baking Soda On Carpets?
Answer to the question:- Does baking soda stain carpet? is YES. If you use baking soda in the wrong way to remove stain from your carpet then it will leave a stain on your carpet.
While baking soda (sodium bicarbonate) can remove marks or stains from your carpet, it can also leave a mark behind if you don’t use it with an acid solution like vinegar.
You are going to end up with a baking soda residue on your carpet and that white mark can be hard to remove later. So to stay on the safe side use the baking soda with an acid solution.
In case if you got a white mark on your carpet, follow any of the methods shared below and you can get rid of this white mark.
How To Get Baking Soda Out Of Carpet
We are sharing some of the best working methods to get baking soda residue out of the carpet easily. These methods are easy and some of these got instant results. Just follow any of the suitable method shared below:-
1. Using White Vinegar
Items you need:-
- Half Bowl of Warm Water
- One Cup White Vinegar
- Clean Sponge
- Dry Towel
The method is very easy, just follow the process as it is explained:-
- First, take a bowl with half-filled warm water.
- Add one cup vinegar to it and wait until it dissolves completely.
- Now dip a clean sponge in the mixture and apply the mixture to the baking soda stain.
- Put some pressure on the stained area and when you are done, use a dry towel to wipe everything from the carpet.
- While wiping use pressure.
- You may need to repeat the process 2-3 times or more if needed, in order to completely remove the baking soda stain from your carpet.
- After you are done, let the carpet dry naturally.
2. Using Vacuum Cleaner
Items you need:-
- A vacuum cleaner if possible with a turbo brush. If you don’t have any then check out our article about the best vacuums for carpet cleaning.
- Warm water
- A rag
- First, try vacuuming the affected area with a vacuum cleaner normally.
- If the stain is still there then try the turbo brush on the stain, it will loosen the stain. If your vacuum doesn’t have any turbo brush then you can also use the rear end of the vacuum hose to rub the area. It will work similarly.
- Now after rubbing, vacuum the area again. Hope this time the stain will be removed.
- In the end, dip the rag in warm water and wipe the area completely while putting pressure on it.
- Now you are done and your baking soda stain and residue will be long gone.
3. Using Carpet Cleaner
For this method you only a carpet cleaner that comes with heat technology. Although it can damage your carpet as too much heat can ruin the fabric, but if you use it carefully then you can get rid of the stain easily.
You can buy this budget carpet cleaner or if you got one already then use that one or rent one. A carpet cleaner uses a cleaning solution to wash the stain and then using the vacuum power it sucks everything from the carpet. Also, a carpet cleaner can be used to clean other messes or simply to clean your carpets.
If the carpet cleaner comes with heat technology it will dry the carpet instantly while cleaning the baking soda stain and residue. The one we suggested here will first loosen the stain using its brush roll, then using a cleaning solution it will wash the area, then it will vacuum everything and in the end, it will dry your carpet using HeatForce technology. Just give this method a try and see the results yourself.
So here we shared the top 3 working methods to get baking soda out of carpet. The same methods can also be used to remove the baking soda residue from your carpets. We tried our best to explain everything and we really hope you don’t need to hire any cleaning expert. Check if the vinegar with warm water method is working for you, if not then simply use the carpet cleaner and you will get rid of stain and residue at the same time.